Outsource UK are currently working with a leading Defence Company who are seeking a Hardware Engineer for a 9 month contract based in Warton - Candidates will be required to work through PAYE.
This role be will be based remotely with flexibility to work onsite once restrictions are lifted
- Engineer required with a proven track record in designing and delivering complex and challenging projects using the latest technologies, to take on a Systems Engineer role within an exciting market leading IT domain, to not only sustain an existing portfolio of products, systems and services but to support the development and innovation of future products and projects.
- Work closely with our Technical Managers and Integration Engineers to translate customer requirements into compelling designs, bids and solutions that can be delivered on time and on budget.
- Understanding and interpreting customer requirements
- Creating high level and detailed system designs
- Develop options for potential solutions
- Understanding of competitors and suppliers
- Performing sub system component studies
- Evolve and innovate existing solutions and new ideas
- Track record of Enterprise, Project or System Level Design Solutions
- Requirements Definition and Analysis
- Requirements compliance and design to cost
- Verification and Validation
- Problem solving
- Developing supplier statements of work
- Supplier and customer engagement
Beneficial understanding of:
- MoD contracts and bids
- Military IT, communications , platforms, gateways, networking systems
- Security architectures, system integration, virtualisation, cloud, accreditation
- Integration of systems into military vehicles
- Acceptance, trials, demonstrations and delivery processes
If you would like to be considered for this position please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.