Systems Engineer - Morpheus (Inside IR35)
A Systems Engineer is required to work on a 12 month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Dorset. With a mix of site and remote work.
This is a 12 month contract with a leading UK defence business
Scope of the Programme
To develop a situational awareness system design, subsystem requirements documents, interface control documents, technical product specifications and statements of work, which will be used by the end client to contract third-party suppliers.
To support the end client with its third-party competitions and with its Assessment Phase activity up to and including Full Business Case submission.
As Systems Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Establish & maintain hardware and software architecture
- Draft & document system / subsystem- technical product specifications
- Develop Statements of Work for suppliers including design specifications
- Assessment & documentation of electromagnetic integration at each design stage
- Assist with understanding emerging user needs and modify system design accordingly
- Monitor and control obsolescence
- Establish & maintain 'Test set' for integration baseline, testing and validation activity
- Assist with drafting of an Engineering Management Plan
- Assist with planning and scheduling of engineering activity
- Assist with production of system and sub system safety & environmental cases
- Assist with environmental testing and certification
- Assist with TEMPEST testing and certification
- Assist with Security accreditation
- Assist with Information assurance activity and certification
- Collaborative working, relationship management and knowledge sharing
Based in Christchurch with occasional trips to client site in Bristol post Covid.
If you are a Systems Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.