Systems Engineer - Systems Tester
Based in Christchurch a Systems Engineer is required to work for a major defence client on a 12 month contract.
This exciting systems & software programme covers many disciplines including design, development, installation, implementation, integration, acceptance, training and logistics support.
Skills and Experience required:
- Ideally locally based to Christhurch.
- Manual system and bespoke software application testing
- Able to assist with running formal acceptance test schedules if required to do so, following written instructions
- Familiar with test methods, scheduling, requirements and the use of integration rigs in the development of a complex system
- Able to follow processes to complete tasks and produce documentation etc.
- Confident to free-play test independently
- Good knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, including inbuilt tools such as Task Scheduler, RDP etc.
- Able to troubleshoot/identify problems that arise before escalation to development teams, using tools such as Event Viewer or software and hardware logs
- Knowledge of Windows domain architectures
- Knowledge of hardware aspects such as Server, RAID, iLO, backup tapes
- Experience with backup software
- Basic Oracle database and SQL knowledge would be an advantage
- Confident decision making and ability to understand requirements to ascertain whether a release is suitable to hand on to Acceptance testing
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to work alongside peers and to liaise across all project teams
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything