Systems Project Lead
Based in Peterborough a Systems Engineering Project Lead is required on a 18-month contract to work for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel engines.
Hourly Rate: £30-£40 per hour (Umbrella)
- Lead issue investigations for complex systems interaction issues in NPI and/or current product spaces, working closely with customers, suppliers and process partners
- Build, validate and optimise system level and/or controls orientated models across multiple execution platforms.
- Use simulation models effectively to solve urgent engineering problems.
- Engine simulation and performance modelling, including mathematical modelling of complicated physical problems
- Work with regulation team partners to maintain product compliance across worldwide territories.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Engineering
- Detailed and significant knowledge of internal combustion engines
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively at all levels of the business
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink
- Ideally be familiar with some of 1-D simulation, dynamics, controls orientated or mean value simulation tools (e.g. GT-Power, Wave, AmeSIM, Adams, Dymola, Simulink)
- Experience in complex Electronics and Controls system concept generation including drafting block diagram controls for simulation assessment
- Experience in modelling complex systems, and the use of simulation tools to make confident predictions
- Product validation (FMEA, DVP&R, Data analysis)
- Knowledge of mathematics, data analysis, numerical modelling and statistics
- Experience in the design of experiments, optimisation techniques and Robust engineering methods
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.