Systems Safety Engineer
A Systems Safety Engineer experience is required to work on a 12-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Christchurch.
This is a twelve-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Systems Safety Engineer role
As a Systems Safety Engineer you will report to the Project Engineering Manager and Project Design Authority as applicable. You will play a key role in ensuring designs meet safety and environmental regulations and best practice. You will help assess customer reported potential safety issues and generate mitigation strategies as required, helping ensure the safety of service personnel. You will be required to regularly review and maintain project safety documentation and support reviews with the Customer.
- Providing Systems Safety Engineering support to business development activities, including study/experimentation activities, system de-risking activities
- Managing Safety Engineering to deliver ongoing support and Post Design Service changes
- Developing and implementing and designing safe technical solutions that meet the customer requirements
- Providing realistic estimates for specified activities to the development lead
- Reporting accurately on progress
- Completing work to a high standard and to scope, quality and budget
- Assessing and managing the safety aspects of projects within the Deployed Networks group
Key skills required for the Systems Safety Engineer
- A strong Systems engineering background with experience of safety engineering
- A good understanding of the complete systems engineering lifecycle (e.g. requirements, design, specification, implementation, integration and testing, acceptance), and development tools (e.g. Requirements Management, Modelling and defect reporting systems)
- Experience producing and implementing Safety Management Systems, Hazard Assessments and Safety Cases
- Experience of providing engineering input and support to business development activities would be an advantage
- A background in Communications, (voice, data and radio products) is highly desirable
- Demonstrable knowledge or experience in some or all of the following would be especially desirable, in particular their applications in a military context:
Communications technologies: IP networking (including network design), VOIP, Point-to-Point radio links, 4G mobile technologies, network security, network management
If you are a Systems Safety Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything