T26 ILS Engineer - Supply Support
An ILS Engineer is required to work on a five month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Glasgow.
Overview of the ILS Engineer contract role
Applying an understanding of a range of ILS processes, tools, systems and techniques, and applying these to the review and analysis of supplier data, components or systems on the T26 Programme. Understanding and developing solutions to common or well-articulated ILS Support situations, problems and issues.
- Applies proven techniques and procedures to understand Support requirements and develop solutions.
- Diagnose and resolve issues and problems for a range of ILS Support related situations
- Typically coaches and mentors other ILS Support engineers, applies interpersonal skills in communicating technical Support matters.
- Works with a degree of technical autonomy, demonstrates a commitment to professional ILS principles and values.
- Requires knowledge and experience in an ILS subject area.
- Develop and produce specific ILS outputs consistent with the contractual requirements to meet target dates and budget demands (Delivery to time, quality and budget).
- Produce procedures and/or process instructions to characterise the work of the team, including pre-requisite inputs from other functions and the outputs that can be expected from the process.
- Schedules own work to meet target schedule and cost demands.
- Ability to validate the work of other engineers within own team and develop their technical skills and understanding of key functional deliverables.
- Communicate with customer representatives, classification authorities and suppliers in writing, by telephone and in face to face meetings, and with other internal functions as necessary to discuss technical issues and problems.
The role is based in Glasgow - Commutable from Kilmarnock, Paisley, Greenock, Stirling and Falkirk with excellent access from Edinburgh
If you are an ILS Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Defence opportunities please contact Kris Foston on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything