A Technical Administrator is required to work on a 6 month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Cumbria.
This is a 6-month contract with a leading UK Defence business.
Overview of the Tech Admin contract role
- Undertake facilitation of the Task Allocation process including printing on a daily basis.
- Maintain and update Visual Management Boards with all up to date information.
- Coordinate Quality Information and update relevant databases.
- Support IWT Meetings and Conditions Management Walkaround actions input/update.
- Update Databases with information supplied from the Build Team ( eg, Spice,Team centre,Swagelok etc).
- Book, manage and record training for all manual workers and provide stats on progress/exception to the function.
- Recording the deployment of local records in relation to Risk and COSHH.
- Support the clearing of uncosted hours by exception (Less than 5%).
- Reasonable Ad Hoc requests which draw on the coordinators skill base (eg creation of spreadsheets to track actions, maintain databases to ensure compliance etc).
- Support Production Support Leads and Team Leader work pack closure process ensuring checklists are completed and deadlines met.
- Raise support services/ QC request and chase D&D requests
- Update Notifications from Team Leader Feedback and collate information using the appropriate systems.
- Supporting Planned inspections, diarising, prompting and ensuring this is completed as per the reports received. Walking the area with the IWT and Safety Rep, collating and inputting all data from the inspection.
- Spot buy- requesting various items.
- Monitoring Heavy Lifting reports for out of date tools and raising requests.
- To support overall functional governance activities and record all compliance documentation.
Key skills required for the Tech admin
- A good standard of general education (minimum of 5 GCSE's at Grade A - C including Maths and English desirable).
- Achievement of/working towards European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) Extra Level 2 or the equivalent in Microsoft packages.
- An organised individual who is reliable and always keen to help, whilst paying particular attention to detail, with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2 (National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) or equivalent.
- Ensure and maintain confidentiality of information and data at all times.
- Level 2 keyboard skills would be an advantage.
- Previous experience working within a busy administrative role is preferable but not essential, as training will be provided.
The role is based in Barrow in Furness, Cumbria - commutable from Carnforth, Milnthorpe, Lancaster, Morecambe, Penrith, Workington, Whitehaven and The Lake District
If you are a Admin looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Admin opportunities please contact Kris Foston on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.