Technical Author - S1000D
A Technical Author is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Kent
Overview of the Technical Author contract role
Would you like to play a key role in preparing and maintaining technical manuals and handbooks for electronic aerospace/defence systems, fitted to a variety of military and civil platforms. We currently have a vacancy for Technical Author at our site in Rochester UK.
Within the Technical Publications team, you will contribute to the development and through life support of customer facing manuals and other deliverable publications.
This role will provide you with an exciting opportunity to work within the many project teams across a wide and varied range of products.
Your main responsibilities as a Technical Author will involve:
- Preparation and amendment of technical manuals/handbooks including the generation of original text, functional block diagrams, circuit diagrams and technical illustrations.
- Authoring of Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETPs).
- Producing data that is compliant with Civil, MoD and Company standards, procedures/specifications and contractual requirements.
- Understanding product structures and Technical Data Packs, enabling gathering of information from various sources to create your publications.
- Managing all aspects of Change Control, internal/supplier/customer.
- Having an in depth understanding of Hardware, enabling you to query data content with project Engineers to ensure accurate representation/interpretation within your publications.
Key skills required for the Technical Author
- Experience of Adobe FrameMaker.
- Experience of S1000D editor or Eagle EPS, Initial Provisioning to S2000M.
- Experience or exposure to Data Modules (DMs) Component Maintenance Manuals (CMMs)
- Initial Provisioning Lists (IPLs), and Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETPs)
The role is based in Rochester, Kent - commutable from Chatham, Gillingham, Gravesend, Faversham, Sittingbourne, Maidstone and Dartford with excellent access from London and Essex
If you are a Technical Author looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Defence opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website.
Outsource - taking care of everything