Outsource UK are currently working with a leading Bank who are seeking a Technical Business Analyst for a 3-6 month contract based in London - Candidates will be required to work through Umbrella or PAYE.
This role will offer flexible homeworking but requires candidates to work in the office a few days a week one restrictions are lifted.
Your role would involve acting as Business Analysis and Subject Matter Expert within a markets trading software engineering team, acting as the bridge between customer and our cross functional team. The function is unique in how it combines software engineering and a significant focus on data and market products to ensure we act in accordance with Market Abuse Regulations in Trade Surveillance.
- Gather requirement around new system developments, produce technical and non-technical specifications.
- Supporting the Agile iterative way we develop and deliver our work.
- Communicate & present regular customer updates, managing & informing key stakeholders while influencing or pushing back as required.
- Acting as subject matter expert for a range of trading systems, products and data sets.
- Support user acceptance testing related activities.
- Provide support to end customers around applications and data once live.
- You'll be involved with a wide number of projects, and multiple stakeholder groups to understand the structures, business operations, processes, product and service offerings, policies and information systems that enable the Group to achieve its goals.
- You will use the insights you gain to understand business problems, challenge existing practices and approaches, propose business improvement opportunities and develop solutions to ensure that the Group's investments meet the needs of its colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
- Taking on coding using Python - read and understand the platform and having SQL skills is required for Big data investigations.
- This is a really important role for the bank to ensure we comply with trading legislation, which requires a unique combination of commercial experience, product knowledge plus the ability to work with complex data.
- Programming skills in VBA, Python or SQL would be an advantage but please apply if you do not have that level of technical skills
- Prior experience acting as Business Analyst and core associated tasks.
- Writing requirements and talking to stakeholders - strong communication skills.
- Experience working within a markets trading function, including knowledge of the full Trading lifecycle and relevant Rates and FX products such as Futures, Swaps, Bonds etc - As much knowledge as possible of these products is desired
- A good knowledge of the end to end software development lifecycle and having worked heavily with software engineers in the past.
- Experience working within an Agile environment.
- Experience in spreadsheet use, including the manipulation and analysis of large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data.
If you would like to be considered for this position please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.