Technical Management Engineer (Bids) Remote Working
A Technical Management Engineer with Bids support experience is required to work on a six-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Warton.
This is a 6-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of Technical Management Engineer (Bids) role
An opportunity exists for a Technical Management Engineer to join a virtual team (due to COVID-19) responsible for providing engineering support to Contract 1 bid proposals and contracted work on Typhoon. The value of the tasks range from £100K to £10M and vary in complexity.
The Contract 1, 3 and 4 Technical Management team provides an engineering shared service across bids and contract delivery as part of an IPT consisting of Project Management, Commercial, Engineering and Finance. The team performs a Weapon Systems Integration role and covers a wide range of systems, equipment and structural elements of the whole Typhoon Aircraft. We have a responsibility to support the aircraft through life and deliver a fully integrated solution including capability and support including training.
The team fulfills a strong governance role in support of the bid work, running early design reviews and technical bid reviews to support clearance of the bid proposals.
- Support Phase 1b reviews for new bids (bid / no bid).
- Review customer requirements for new tasks to ensure they are clear, concise, fully understood and achievable. Engage with customer to refine requirements as required.
- Create SoWs for each new task to support the ERF exercise.
- Create tailored Engineering Management Plans.
- Create a Phase 2c Design Review pack and facilitate the reviews
- Issue the Design Review certificate
- Create a Technical Bid Review (TBR) pack and facilitate the reviews.
- Issue the TBR certificate.
- Provide Technical Management (TM) support to the Request for Bid Approval (RBA).
Technical Management Engineer (Bids)
- To provide Weapon Systems Integration Technical Management support for Contract C#1, new capability bids and contracted tasks.
- The role also provides key support to engineering maturity reviews and governance reviews in support of the bids and contracted tasks. Status reviews and reporting will also be undertaken and supported.
If you are a Technical Management Engineer with Bids support experience looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything