Technician - Manufacturing, Mechanical / Pneumatic repairs
Based in Radway Green a Technician is required on a 3 month contract basis with a leading UK defence company.
As a Technician, you will be responsible for the operating, setting, preventative maintenance, reactive repair and safe condition of production plant & equipment and the efficient operation of plant and equipment in the manufacture of small arms ammunition.
- Ensuring processes are maintained and operated in a safe manner and escalate issues affecting safety within the given production area
- Provisioning of and adherence to dynamic risk assessments for non-standard operations and tasks
- Ensuring that work undertaken adheres to relevant quality standards.
- Operating of manufacturing processes and facilities to meet production programme requirements.
- Supporting implementation of continuous improvement activities
- Providing motivation and support to apprentices to ensure development of a sustainable capability
- Identifying, raising and implementing solutions to safety, quality and production problems
Your skills and qualifications:
- A time served apprenticeship in an engineering function (experience in metal forming or turning environment)
- Experience of working within a mechanical environment
- Experience in the setting and operating of high volume manufacturing plant and equipment e.g. Power Presses, CNC machinery, Multi Spindle Automatic Lathes etc.
- Basic understanding of Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Forklift truck license
- Experience in a medium volume production environment working to and achieving quality and delivery targets
- Power press regulations knowledge, operation and maintenance of power presses
- Maintenance and repair including mechanical / pneumatic repairs
- Understanding and interpretation of technical drawings
- Must be time served mechanical
- The work involves the operating machines on a daily basis, carrying out quality checks and interfacing with PCs and repairing machines when they fail
- Good communication skills and computer literate (able to use Microsoft Office packages/SAP and Success Factors).
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane on 0161 694 9191 for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything