Test Systems Hardware Engineer x2
Based in Preston 2x Test Systems Hardware Engineer are required to work for a major defence client on a 12 month contract.
- Assist in the development and production of Fixed IT Server Rack Cabinets
- Hardware build of modular computing server cabinets, using basic hand and power tools (screwdrivers, spanners, drills, etc.) and internal network/power wiring
- Assessment of safety and environmental risks
- Basic IT computer configuration
- Production of safety test procedures to satisfy the electrical test requirements for compliance to the Low Voltage Directive (and CE Marking or equivalent).
- Complete all hardware configuration activities including documentation and release.
Skills and Experience required:
- The ideal candidate will have experience of designing, building and testing IT Server Rack Cabinets whilst ensuring that they are electrically safe to current legislation.
- It would also be advantageous if the candidate has experience in supporting the UK MoD customer and is familiar with how they operate and their security standards.
- You will be an effective team member and will be able to develop partnerships with internal and external customers.
- Good communications skills both personal and written.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Visio 2010 Professional or similar CAD package
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Degree educated in a science/engineering discipline or HND/HNC with sound experience of the Engineering Lifecycle
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything