Role: Test Technician
Excellent salary & benefits package to work for a world leader in their field!
A great opportunity for the right person to join a forward thinking, high-tech, and innovative defence company. With around 5000 staff worldwide, this role will be in their systems division. They specialise in the development and manufacture and supply of maritime navigation and surveillance radar systems, including their own radar sensor technology, widely used in the maritime defence sector. They also operate in the commercial sector, including airports within security systems.
- Comprehensive testing (including RF), faultfinding, rework and assembly of electro mechanical equipment to a high standard of quality.
- Work from detailed procedures, drawings, documents, change notes, schematics, oral and written instructions.
- Work and rework to a high standard of accuracy, consisting of operations such as, soldering & unsoldering, wiring & crimping, drilling, filing & cutting, detailed rework of printed circuit assemblies, and application of mastic & adhesives, using a variety of tools and equipment necessary to complete the operations.
- Check and inspect own work and work of others, including proactive troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Participate with the creation of SOPs and test documentation etc.
- View, print and enter data via the company business data management system.
- Have a conscientious, proactive approach with attention to detail.
- Create and work in a team environment while implementing continuous improvements and ensuring the highest quality.
- Keep facilities, material and work area orderly, exercising care in their use, maintaining 5S standards and conforming to all ethics, health, safety, compliance and quality requirements.
- Any other tasks to support the operations team.
Key skills / experience:
- At least 2 years' experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Analytical approach to problem solving with strong numeracy and literacy skills.
- Proven experience of RF testing, faultfinding, rework and assembly to a high standard of quality.
- Proven proactive ability, with strong team skills and attention to detail.
- PC literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Experience of working in a cellular manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
- Radar knowledge would be an advantage.
Salary negotiable plus excellent benefits (10% pension, flexitime, private healthcare, 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays)
For full details on this role please contact Paul Ellis at Outsource UK on 0161 694 9203 / email@example.com