Tester - Engineering/Defence
Based in Portsmouth a Tester is required to work for a major defence client on a 3 month contract.
- Responsible for all aspects of testing beyond unit testing. This includes but is not limited to end-to-end testing, diagnostic testing, performance testing and security testing.
- Define the Testing Strategy and Test Plans to ensure adequate coverage of solution.
- When manual testing is necessary, designs tests to be thorough, fast to execute and easy to assess results.
- Define requirements to simplify or increase testing coverage using tools such as mocks, stubs, simulators or automated testing.
- Create tools to support the testing requirements and/or seeks assistance from team to do so when needed.
- Create automated test execution environment with clear visualisation of passes/fails and each test run.
- Degree in Software Engineering, strongly related subject or relevant work experience
- Engineering and/or defence industry background
- Previous experience of working as a tester or developer-in-test as part of a software engineering team.
- Previous experience of working with both software and hardware
- Experience of creation of test strategies, plans and bug reports
- Knowledge of test libraries and tools such as (but not necessarily) junit, Mockito, Selenium, SonarQube, WireShark, Postman, shell scripting, SQL and git, Linux in KEY
- Experience of breaking challenge into manageable chunks during planning and provide estimates to effort required to complete
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything