Tooling Cost Engineer - Peterborough
Based in Peterborough a Tooling Cost Engineer is required on a 12 month contract basis.
This is an great opportunity to join a leading edge and exciting programme of work which does offer an excellent working environment.
The primary focus of this position is the analysis of tooling costs through the interrogation of supplier data or the creation of detailed Cost Models. Cost Models account for all cost drivers associated with the manufacture and supply of a tooling set
- Creation of 'Bottom up' Tooling Cost Models - using existing knowledge coupled with information derived from component drawings, 3D Solid models
- Analysis of supplier quote data to identify area of opportunity
- Compare model / analysis with supplier data to identify any cost reduction opportunities
- Work with procurement team to derive a targeted negotiation strategy and data collection
- Lead supplier negotiation
- Will be expected to provide 'Tooling cost' expertise to other areas of the business as the norm
- Develop Tooling assessment process and tracking
- Review of new and replacement tools
- Extensive, demonstrated knowledge in the costs required to design and manufacture tooling used in the variety of Casting and material forming processes as well as jigs and fixtures for post forming processes eg Machining, inspection etc
- Ability to facilitate multiple projects
- Proven ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders, acting with integrity in tough and emotive situations.
- Expert communicator; proficient in building collaborative and trusted partnerships to work across an internal matrix organisation and external Supplier network.
- Analysing and interpreting numerical data and reaching sound judgments and recommendations
- Proficient in Microsoft packages.
- Ideally come from an automotive background.
Please note you'll have to operate via an umbrella company or PAYE.
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).