A leading 3pl client of ours is on the look for Transport Operations Supervisors.
You will be
- Reporting to the Location Operations Manager with the responsibility for a team of fuels drivers.
- Daily resource management of drivers and all operational requirements, ensuring the site runs efficiently and effectively.
- Proactively motivating and engaging with driver teams to achieve customer KPI's
- To ensure the operation achieves all weekly KPI's, through effective use of vehicle telematics, driver resourcing and tacho management.
- To ensure the department operates within the legal constraints of the site operator's licence
- Ensure the operation is fully compliant with legislation and company tachograph policy.
- Ensure the operation complies with the Road Traffic Act.
- Ensure department complies with health and safety legislation.
- Carry out investigations where applicable
You Must Have
- Experience of working within a transport environment, preferably in the fuels sector with full knowledge of transport legislation.
- Knowledge of vehicle telematics.
- Previous experience of investigation and grievance procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of transport driver targets
- Experience of supervising / managing a team
- Experience of working within a unionised environment.
- Excellent PC skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage change effectively is essential
- Experience of conducting appraisals / performance management is desirable
- Strong literacy, numeracy and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of EU driving hours / WTD is a necessity
- Good organisation skills and ability to prioritise
- High degree of self-motivation
- Resilient, persistent and tenacious
Please apply with you up to date CV