A new opportunity for an Transport Planner has arised with one of the uks largest 3pls.
Objectives of the role as Transport Planner, include, but not limited to:
▪ Ensure all customer requirements (both internal and external) are satisfied daily.
▪ Act as management interface with customers.
▪ Continually review and re-engineer the operation to ensure maximum efficiency.
▪ Co-ordinate own fleet and sub-contract to ensure cost effective solutions for customer requirements.
▪ Day to day driver management.
▪ Ensure all drivers are de-briefed daily.
▪ Develop team, providing skills and training to meet operational requirements and efficiency improvements.
▪ To maintain a well motivated and enthusiastic team.
▪ Management of all suppliers to include: Subcontractors, agency's, R&M service agents, fuel suppliers etc, ensuring all operational costs are controlled.
▪ Provide out of hours support for customers and drivers.
▪ Conduct regular driver/vehicle/trailers checks to ensure the highest standards of reliability and presentation are maintained as well as fleet control.
▪ Management of all in cab technology.
▪ Manage driver training program to include Driver CPC.
▪ Ensure full compliance with all internal processes and procedures.
▪ Work with CPC Holders to ensure all VOSA 'Operator Licence' legislative requirements are adhered to, responsibilities include:
o The making of arrangements to ensure that drivers comply with drivers' hours and
tachograph rules and with speed limits;
o The making of arrangements to ensure that the vehicles are maintained properly, including the inspection of vehicles at the appropriate time and the action taken to remedy defects found;
o The reporting and recording of vehicle defects by drivers;
o The method of compilation and the accuracy of all records, which must be kept for a
period of not less than 15 months;
o The making of arrangements to ensure that the vehicle/s are not overloaded;
o Ensuring that authorised vehicles will be kept at the authorised operating centre(s) when
not in use;
o Where appropriate, notifying the relevant traffic commissioner (in writing) of all prosecutions and convictions concerning the operator, the drivers and me within 28 days of the court hearing; and
▪ Ensure fleet records for depot are maintained to a high standard to include:
o Daily checks, defect reporting, servicing (DOE, tail lifts, Tacho calibration, MOTs).
o Complete Tacho records for vehicles and drivers.
o Tacho Infringement management and disciplinary action where required.
▪ Ensure all Health and Safety Legislation is complied with including SSoW, Risk Assessments, Tool Box Talks,
▪ All other aspects of Fleet Compliance.
Your CV and experience show:
▪ General IT knowledge to include Excel, Word etc.
▪ Excellent self-motivation and able to work under own supervision.
▪ Team player with the ability to instil confidence and drive in others.
▪ The ability to co-ordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously.
▪ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
▪ The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with management, drivers, and suppliers.
▪ Flexibility - the ability to adapt and cope with the unexpected.
▪ Working Time Directive experience and associated systems.
If you are interested in this opportunity, then please apply with your up to date CV