A new Transport Team Manager role with one of the UKs largest 3pls has arised.
How will you contribute?
- Reporting to the Transport Manager.
- You will seek out efficiency opportunities and enact them
- Possess analytical and persuasive sides, and be able to balance the two so that the most effort is expended on the most likely and profitable opportunities
- Develop a cost-effective backhaul and revenue generation strategy that meets customer demands while maximizing ROI
- Identify the most effective logistics solution - Commercial vs Fleet strategy
- Maintain and develop existing supplier and customer relationships
- To provide a store network with a first-class service and maximise the site backhaul performance and transport revenue opportunities
- To ensure operational targets are met on a weekly and monthly basis. Through effective use of the customers Integrated Transport Management Systems
- Proactively encourage a positive and constructive relationship on site with the union and union representatives.
- Increase communication with stores and backhaul suppliers as well as other commercial opportunities
- Ensure department complies with Road Traffic Act
- Ensure drivers comply with health and safety regulations
- Proactively motivate the transport team by providing guidance and encouragement
- Undertake such duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function and department
What will you bring?
- Experience of working within a transport environment.
- Knowledge of transport legislation.
- Knowledge of computerised scheduling and driver management packages would be an advantage
- Ability to establish clear priorities quickly.
- Ability to work on your own initiative, working to strict deadlines in a pressurised environment, whilst handling multiple projects
- Able to manage conflict and tough conversations including complex IR issues.
- Positive can do attitude, with collaborative interpersonal skills and the ability to build a cohesive, focused, compelling picture to stake holders
- Succeeds in building effective stakeholder relationships with the ability to influence management team's thinking to deliver high performance through a culture of accountability and ownership.
Please apply with your updated CV and I will be in touch.