Type 26 - Senior Maintenance Engineer - RCM
A Senior Maintenance Engineer is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Glasgow
The Type 26 Senior Maintenance Engineer's primary purpose is to:
- Work independently to support the delivery of the T26 Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) programme, facilitating supplier and subject matter expert (SME) engagement to produce new RCM studies.
- Present RCM studies to MoD, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and other stake holders at the Maintenance Working Group, Maintenance Review and Acceptance Board MRAB) and MoD audit process
- Review and recommend updates to existing GFX RCM and non-RCM maintenance schedules already held in the Integrated UMMS Environment.
- Review and comment on the suitability of supplier engineering and ILS documents; including in store, in build and dormant maintenance schedules.
- Support management of the IUE for input and "Set Live" of maintenance schedules, planning and recording maintenance completed until Formal Acceptance of Equipment.
- Provide data to technical authors to produce Maintenance Task Instructions (MTIs) including the work-in-way/work-in-wake elements.
- Support and update of maintenance team sponsored documentation.
- Produce removal procedures aligned to the removal route key plan, liaising with waterfront support organisations to ensure the equipment removal route procedures (ERRP) meets their requirements.
- Identify potential risks to the programme and provide potential remedial actions.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of both maintenance team activities and the overall Project.
The role holder will:
- Support T26 deliverables in accordance with project(s) scope of supply and Scope of Work.
- Produce, present and deliver RCM studies into the UMMS environment.
- Assist in the compilation of Business Procedures/Project Working Instructions and processes as directed by Principal Maintenance Engineer(s).
- Peer review maintenance team RCM studies and sponsored documentation.
- Ensure that T26 derived maintenance schedules for Pressure Vessel, Relief Valve and Flexible Hoses conform to the required current statutory and legislative requirements e.g. British Standards, SOLAS, MCA, Lloyds and RN.
- Provide SQEP to the support safety team and the Haz ID process, ensuring the T26 is safe to maintain and operate.
- Manage maintenance schedules and tasks within the UMMS environment. Provide data capture for equipment in store, in build and post commissioning and produce system MTI's and removal routes for contracted systems.
- Liaise between Internal customers, external stakeholders, Maritime Services, the customer and other interested parties in order to drive forward key contract objectives and deliverables to ensure that they are on time and on budget.
- Ensure that Maintenance team support and guidance to stakeholders is of the highest achievable standard and provides the project and the customer with an effective compliant maintenance solution.
The role is based in Glasgow - Commutable from Kilmarnock, Paisley, Greenock, Stirling and Falkirk with excellent access from Edinburgh
If you are a Maintenance Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Defence opportunities please contact Kris Foston on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website.
Outsource - taking care of everything