Outsource UK are currently seeking a User Researcher for a 6 month contract for a large banking client.
Location: Remote, candidates will be required to work from office 1 day per week in London or Halifax.
Candidates are required to work through Umbrella
Rate: £625 per day
The Role and Team: Retail Design Research
- Team of design researchers, delivering research for all stages of product development from discovery to deliver.
- Team members are each mainly aligned to an area of the retail bank, so that they can develop research plans, build relationships and influence product/proposition design and delivery.
- We work alongside designers and product in mixed design/product/engineering teams.
- The team carries out both qualitative and quantitative research.
- Deliver quantitative research for the retail bank
- Build relationships with product and designers to deliver research that impacts decision making
- Ideally also deliver some qualitative research e.g. usability testing and concept testing (we can help you with this)
- Promote the latest quantitative research methodologies
- Provide guidance and up-skill other design researchers in the team on quantitative research
- Advise and lead on outsourcing quant projects to agencies where we don't have the capacity or skills internally (we already have a large panel of agencies)
- Promote and follow responsible research e.g. following the MRS Code of Conduct
- Product recruitment - delivery, surveys out with concepts, proposition testing, surveys or click tests.
- Quantitative research experience including surveys, quantitative concept testing, card sorts, click testing.
- Ideally worked as a quantitative researcher previously in your research career.
- Create research plans that cover all stages of product development from discovery to delivery
- Ability to work as part of a larger team of researchers and designers and autonomously
- Strong ability to influence stakeholders (e.g. product owners and designers) so that decisions are made off the back of research
- Quant researcher skills is essential
- Qualitative research experience e.g. usability testing, qualitative concept testing, depth interviews, focus groups. If you don't have qualitative research and are up for learning a couple of qualitative techniques e.g. usability testing and concept testing, this would also be a bonus
- Experience of working within an Agile environment
If you would like to be considered for this position please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.