Visual Modeller - Autodesk Maya/3DS Max
A Visual Modeller with 3D modelling and textures experience is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client remote based with occasional visits to client site.
Overview of the Visual Modeller contract role
The role will primarily focus on creating real-time textured 3D objects to be incorporated into a highly detailed aircraft with opening panels and removable parts. The source data will usually comprise very high polygon count CAD files that need to be optimized then textured. This will mostly be done manually because automated tools usually create unacceptable artefacts.
Some objects will be created from photographs and measurements only. Applicants with full-time experience creating 3D assets for games or military simulators will have an advantage. The applicant should provide a portfolio or examples of work.
Key skills required for the Visual Modeller
- 3D Modelling and texturing/shading of real time assets based on real world reference materials;
- Ensuring that all models produced are optimised for performance, taking into consideration the limitations of the target system;
- Ability to work in a team setting, working to deadlines and time constraints.
- Understanding of baking textures, generating specular / normal maps and physically based shading;
- Pro-actively contributes to improvement of production pipeline;
- General knowledge of rigging, lighting, animation and rendering techniques;
- Can develop MEL / Maxscript tools;
- Traditional art drawing skills;
- Knowledge and experience of using JIRA for task management.
- 3D Modelling - Autodesk Maya preferred, also 3DS Max (pure CAD software experience is unsuitable);
- Texturing - Adobe Photoshop CC expertise.
- Texturing - 3D painting software experience is useful;
- Game Engine - Unity 3D preferred, also Unreal Engine.
The client is based in Edinburgh but the role itself is remote.
If you are a Visual Modeller looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Defence opportunities please contact Kris Foston on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.