Assembly Technician (Potential Temp to Perm)
A number of Assembly Technician are required to work on a three month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Engineering client based in Andover.
Overview of the Assembly Technician contract role
An opportunity has arisen for an energetic, intelligent and ambitious Assembly Technician to work within my client's production cell.
Working with the team to achieve the required daily targets, your role contains 75% mechanical assembly and 25% electrical assembly.
To carry out assembly operations (following suitable training) on a variety of electro-mechanical equipment. The following skills are required:
- Assembly of mechanical components using multiple fixing methods and standard and specialist tooling eg. torque drivers, air drivers, bespoke test equipment
- Have a good understanding of assembly principles,
- Ability to read and understand engineering specifications / instructions / Drawings
- Skilled use of hand and power tools within assembly processes
- Experience of wiring connections and the use of crimp tools
- Soldering using electrical soldering equipment
- Drilling and tapping holes using power and manual tools
- Carry out tests in accordance with manufacturing instructions following suitable training
- To be flexible and work in all areas of the business including stores, service pick/pack/despatch and peroxide filling and bottling.
Key skills required for the Assembly Technician
- Physically fit to carry out manual assembly operations including lifting, kneeling, bending , standing for long periods
- Good manual dexterity
- Good eyesight (with spectacles if worn) and colour vision
- To be driven by quality and customer satisfaction
- To work well as part of a close team as well as be individually motivated
Education & Training:
- Ability to read technical drawings & work instructions
- Good standard of secondary education to GSCE level
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy
The role is based in Andover
If you are a Assembly Technician looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk