Procurement Manager -Offset Category strategies / Overseas Supply Chain
A Procurement Manager with Category Strategies / Overseas Supply chain is required to work on a six month contract (WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION) for our Defence client> based in Cumbria
This is a 6 Month contract working for one of the UKs Leading defence companies
Overview of the Procurement Manager
The Procurement Manager Offset is responsible for developing collaboration between Lines of Business and the Overseas Supply chain to optimise procurement opportunities with approved overseas suppliers for satisfying the requirements of the Offset programme.
Key skills / Experience required for the Procurement Manager -Offset Category strategies / Overseas Supply Chain
- Encourage collaboration between Lines of Business to evolve Indian Supply Chain Strategy and category management approach.
- Co-ordinate with Procurement leaders and procurement community across the US and the UK on a regular basis to promote sourcing from India
- Develop and implement supplier strategies that support present and future offset opportunities.
- Management of Indian market intelligence for categories of purchase, through research and maintaining an awareness of the market conditions.
- Ensure Corporate Responsibility policies and procedures are adhered to, including supplier Due Diligence and ensure compliance with Procurement governance processes
- The role necessitates exceptional communication skills and interpersonal proficiency, in order to effectively collaborate across BAE Systems Lines of Business to promote sourcing in India and to develop and maintain a robust relationship with the senior leadership of the India supply base
- Demonstrable experience in establishing offshore supply chains
- Thorough understanding of Lean techniques and continuous improvement to support supplier assessment and capability gap analysis leading to supplier development/improvement initiatives
The role is based in < Barrow in Furness, Cumbria - commutable from Carnforth, Milnthorpe, Lancaster, Morecambe, Penrith, Workington, Whitehaven and The Lake District
If you are a Procurement Manager looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other procurement / Supply Chain opportunities please contact Mark Ashurst on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9195
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk