Import /Export Control Officer - Defence
Import /Export Control Officer with Freight Agents , imported goods, Export Licences experience is required to work on a nine month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client> based in Basildon
This is a nine month contracts with one of the UKs leading defence companies
Key skills / Duties required for the Import /Export Control Officer
- Provide import clearance instructions to freight agents in an efficient and timely manner to enable prompt customs clearance and delivery of goods to the business.
- Provide instructions to Projects to ensure correct processing of imported goods which are subject to Special Procedures in accordance with the terms of the relevant HMRC Customs authorisation.
- Experience in the Process of internal reports and ensure record keeping is completed to ensure compliance with HMRC regulations.
- Provide export clearance instructions and/or submit export declaration entry requests under the direction of senior department members or the Trade Compliance lead.
- Process internal reports and ensure record keeping is completed to ensure compliance with government regulations.
- Provide the business with accurate export documentation in an efficient and timely manner, by processing export requests and assigning appropriate customs procedures and Export licences within the relevant Business Systems.
- Provide export clearance documentation and instructions to the relevant Departments Ensure record keeping is in accordance with company procedures to comply with UK Department for International Trade (DIT) export licence conditions and HMRC regulations.
- Process re-exports of imported goods under Customs control to ensure financial liabilities can be discharged.
- Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- An analytical mind-set and attention to detail are essential for this role as data accuracy is essential.
- Experience of the importance of trade compliance and governance issues is essential
- Awareness of the company products and internal processes would be beneficial.
- The successful candidate will have good proven personal and interpersonal, organisational, time management and planning skills, as well as the ability to work within a multi-functional team. The ability to make independent decisions, demonstrate good problem solving, negotiating and mediation skills is essential, as are the drive and determination to achieve targets.
- Experienced Microsoft Office applications is essential.
- Previous experience or general familiarity with SAP would be beneficial.
The role is based in < Chelmsford, Essex - commutable from Colchester, Braintree, Witham, Great Dunmow, Bishop's Stortford, Sawbridgeworth, Harlow, Epping, Loughton, Brentwood, Basildon and Southend-on-Sea with excellent access from London>
If you are a Import /Export Control Officer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Defence opportunities please contact Mark Ashurst on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9195
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk