Legal Counsel - Basildon
A Legal Counsel with Commercial experience is required to work on a 12-Month fixed term contract in Basildon.
This is a twelve-month fixed term contract role working for a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Legal Counsel fixed term contract role
The UK Legal team currently has a need for an experienced solicitor to join our team on a fixed term contract basis for 12 months. The role can be based in Basildon or Luton.
- Provision of legal support to designated lines of business.
- Providing commercially focused and pragmatic legal advice and services to internal stakeholders (particularly Commercial and Procurement).
- Reviewing and drafting a broad range of complex, international agreements with a diverse range of customers, partners and suppliers, including collaboration agreements, terms and conditions of sale and IP licences.
- Working collaboratively as a recognised legal expert integrated in a multi-disciplinary team, including liaising with and advising senior management.
- Actively contributing to direct contract negotiations, ensuring robust protection for the company while supporting business winning and retention.
- Supporting tender activities.
- Assess and manage claims and dispute resolution processes.
- Providing support and guidance on the protection, exploitation and enforcement of the company's intellectual property rights.
- Monitoring and keeping up to date with legislative changes and relevant case law and being responsible for communicating bespoke and practical advice to colleagues both within the Legal team, and to colleagues within the business as applicable.
- Assisting with wider business and ad-hoc legal activities as required.
Key skills required for the Legal Counsel
- English or Scottish Qualified Lawyer.
- Contract drafting skills.
- Dispute management.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong drive to support the business and add value to the services the legal team deliver.
- Solid relevant experience.
- In-house and relevant industry experience would be beneficial, but not essential.
If you are an Legal Counsel with Commercial experience looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk