email@example.comProduct Safety Engineer - HAZID, HAZOPS, FHA - Marine and Combat Systems
A Product Safety Engineer with HAZID, HAZOPS, FHA is required to work on a six month contract with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Bristol or Glasgow.
This is an interesting contract working on the latest Naval Frigate.
Overview of the Product Safety Engineer contract role
Purpose of role
- To undertake a range of Product Safety activities in line with all relevant project and corporate processes and any specific customer requirements
- To undertake review, qualification and approval activities relative to deliverable and delivered items
- Facilitate the implementation of relevant Product Safety processes
Key skills required for the
- Able to demonstrate a track record of delivering safety in large or complex projects
- Knowledgeable with respect to Product Safety Legislation and Regulation
- Familiar with Product Environmental Legislation and Regulation
- Experienced in safety risk management, this will include hazard identification, analysis, risk assessment and risk mitigation
- Competent with applying formal hazard/ safety assessment techniques and methods such as:-
- HAZID (Hazard Identification),
- HAZOPS (Hazard and Operability studies,
- FHA (Functional Hazard Analysis),
- SWIFT (Structured What-If Technique),
- FTA/ETA (Fault/Event Tree Analysis,
- FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) etc.
- Able to write safety case reports (not essential)
The role is based in Bristol - commutable from Gloucester, Cheltenham, Tewkesbury, Worcester, Cirencester, Swindon, Devizes, Trowbridge, Bath, Taunton, Bridgwater, Weston-Super-Mare, Newport and Cardiff. The role can also be worked from Glasgow.
If you are a Safety Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Safety opportunities please contact Paul Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk