A Systems Engineer is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Bristol
This is a 6-month contract with a leading UK defence business.
Overview of the Systems Engineer contract role
A Platform Systems Engineer is needed to join the systems engineering team within the Mode 5 IFF programme Integrated Project Team, part of the S3 (Support and Service Solutions) Line of Business at my defence client in Bristol.
Key skills required for the Systems Engineer
- A degree-level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrable experience of the systems engineering lifecycle, with particular focus on early lifecycle phases
- Ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation
- Ability to demonstrate and apply system-level thinking
- A proven track record in schedule adherence and achieving high standards
- Knowledge of new and existing Mode 5 IFF technologies and products
- Previous experience of working with IFF systems.
- Worked with Regulatory Authorities
- Previous experience in conducting End to End test planning and execution.
- Hands on experience with some of the software tools used on the programme, DOORS, System Architect, Teamcenter, SAP is preferred.
The role is based in Bristol - commutable from Gloucester, Cheltenham, Tewkesbury, Worcester, Cirencester, Swindon, Devizes, Trowbridge, Bath, Taunton, Bridgwater, Weston-Super-Mare, Newport and Cardiff
If you are a Systems Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Systems opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk