Apex IP Networks Engineer
An IP Networks Engineer is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Dorset.
This is a 12 month contract with a leading UK defence business.
Overview of the IP Networks Engineer contract role
You will be working as a member of the Apex team, specialising in computer network engineering and supporting management systems. The role will require the undertaking of a variety of tasks supporting both the networks and systems managed and maintained by Apex, as well as supporting various connecting projects from across the business.
- Developing detailed configuration designs, testing, implementation and integration plans.
- Provide detailed documentation and drawings of all work under taken and all elements of network design within an existing structured change control process.
- Implementation of change (configuration and hardware) and effective and timely delivery of complex network and associated IT infrastructure solutions within a strong and detailed Information Assured environment.
Key skills required for the IP Networks Engineer
- Verifiable, recent and active certification in relevant discipline (e.g. Cisco or CompTIA), or holds suitable and relevant qualifications.
- Be able to fault find and resolve issues in a production environment to a successful conclusion.
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server platforms.
- Familiar with and can work quickly and concisely with Microsoft Visio, Word and Excel, and Outlook products.
- Have previously worked in the UK Defence Industry, or relevant Military Unit.
- Is a member of or is certified by a recognised Information Assurance body or society.
- Be able to plan and document relevant maintenance procedures and processes.
- Have previously performed a production network design role with consideration for Virtualisation.
The role is based in Christchurch, Dorset - commutable from Salisbury, Fordingbridge, Ringwood, Lymington, Ferndown, Bournemouth and Poole with excellent access from Southampton, Eastleigh and Winchester
If you are a Network Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Network opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk