I.T Project Manager - Type 4 Major Programme - Export Control
An I.T Project Manager with general IT Project Management with strong stakeholder management, conflict management and financial management experience is required to work on a six month contract with the possibility of extension for our IT client based in Farnborough.
This is an opportunity to work with our clients large I.T Enterprise Division
Overview of the I.T Project Manager contract role
Overall responsibility to deliver internal and external business and enterprise projects to cost timescales, quality and customer satisfaction.
The projects range from technology and applications to business change focused on transition and transformation aligned to client and customer tactical and strategic road maps.
The incumbent will be expected to shape, mobiles, plan and lead internal and external projects whilst adhering to internal delivery assurance processes and will be required to collaborate across EITS and within the Portfolio and Project Management Team (PPM) to address lessons learned, share good practice and continuously improve delivery management.
Responsibilities for the I.T Project Manager contract
- Lead and manage the delivery of large complexity projects or a work package within a larger complex programmes. Internal and external High Business Impact
- Manage and participate in all phases of project delivery.
- Work with multiple vendors to define project plans which will achieve the project goals and consequent business outcomes with focus on business requirements and business change elements
- Provide effective leadership to the delivery team and suppliers, can take appropriate action to address
- Adhere to regulatory processes and procedures relevant to the project.
- Client Project Management methodology, life cycle management and external customer requirements.
- Collaborate with PMO on knowledge transfer, lessons learned simplification of project management processes as appropriate and compatible with the concept of continuous improvement across the business
- Collaborate with 3rd party suppliers to drive successful business outcomes
- Provide effective leadership to the delivery team and suppliers; able to take appropriate action to address any issues
Key skills required for the I.T Project Manager
- Strong knowledge of Project Finance Funding & Business Case Management
- Strong Project Management experience within the IT Services domain
- Proven experience of leading enterprise-wide projects / programmes, incorporating successful business change delivery, to meet strategic business objectives
- Strong experience of managing complex supply chains to achieve successful project outcomes
The role is based in Farnborough, Hampshire commutable from Aldershot, Farnham, Wokingham, Bracknell, Chertsey, Weybridge, Woking, Guildford, Farnham, Winchester, Basingstoke and Reading with excellent access from Surrey and Berkshire
If you are an I.T Project Manager looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other I.T Project Management opportunities please contact Paul Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk