A Solution Architect with exposure to delivering IT solutions together with associated architecture deliverables is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Farnborough
This is an opportunity for a Solution Architect to be based in the UK, within the Shared Services, Enterprise IT Services (EITS) Strategy and Architecture team.
Overview of the Solution Architect contract role
The successful candidate will be responsible for defining robust and cost effective solution architectures and designs to meet the business objectives and requirements of the customer, with responsibility for delivery of fit for purpose solutions in line with EITS standards and policies.
The successful candidate may work on multiple projects at any one time, depending on the breadth / scope and under technical assurance and governance of the appropriate Project Technical Authority. This role reports directly to the EITS Engineering Authority and Head of Project Architecture team.
- Defining the Solution Architecture and Design for the project to meet business requirements, within the project constraints of cost and timescale, and the agreed architectural and technical framework
- Capturing the as-is application, data and technology architectures for the assigned projects Defining the to-be application, data and technology architectures for the assigned projects Ensuring, and where 3rd party elements are provided, assuring, that the overall functional and technical design of the solution is acceptable and fit for purpose
- Liaising with the product suppliers, COTS component vendors and sub-contract development teams
- Ensuring consistency and integrity of the solution implementation through overseeing the solution development process, and production of development work products
- Providing design management and governance through the operation of change and configuration management activities
- Working effectively with the Project Managers to support the development of the project plan, through assisting with the compilation, reviewing estimates and schedules, and identifying risks and approach to reviews
- Engaging with customers, stakeholders and suppliers to develop solution requirements and solution design
Key skills required for the Solution Architect
- Information Systems / Engineering diploma / degree - or equivalent, would be advantageous.
- Proven experience in delivering IT solutions together with associated architecture deliverables.
- Proven knowledge and experience of working within architecture frameworks e.g. TOGAF.
- Understanding of the service lifecycle is advantageous e.g. ITIL.
- Hands-on experience with business and system requirements gathering / analysis.
- Proven experience in design, development, test and release of Information Systems.
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Wintel desktop applications and plugins
- Familiar with both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Technical knowledge of a range of IT business systems from ERPs through procurement to supplier management.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Very good written and oral communication skills.
- Architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Understanding of IT / software development lifecycle (including methodologies e.g. Agile) and associated reviews, policies, standards and governance processes.
If you are a Solution Architect looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other architecture opportunities please contact Michael Stevens or phone 0161 694 9202
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk