Detail Designer Outfit - Ship Building
A Detail Designer of Outfit experience within Ship Building is required to work on a six-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Glasgow.
This is a 6-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Detail Designer Outfit contract role
- To provide front line functional / delivery team subject matter representation and expertise for Wholeship & Outfit team.
- Represent W&O Function and Delivery Lead in MAIT.
- Interact at the detail level on the floor plate.
- Proactively coordinate inputs for W&O team, ensuring delivery is timely in supporting MAIT schedule.
- Proactively contribute in delivering MAIT objectives, whether personally owned or otherwise.
- To provide and support resolution to known and arising design issues.
- To expedite engineering queries (EQs) and issue resolution related to function / discipline responsibility.
- To facilitate effective cross organisational working ensuring the programme is delivered on budget and to schedule.
- Able to operate, influence and provide a level of expertise to the MAIT daily management.
- Liaise with the Wholeship Integration and Engineering Manager and ensure the Platform delivery resources are optimised to deliver against agreed priorities.
- Use AutoCAD and FORAN to identify and resolve issues.
Key skills required for the Detail Designer Outfit
- Previous experience using Tribon or Foran would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience in Shipbuilding, Oil & Gas or other Heavy Engineering industries
- Outfit or Layouts experience is would be preferred but if you have Piping or Structural experience within Shipbuilding this will be considered.
If you are Detail Designer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk