HR Generalist Advisor
A HR Generalist Advisor is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Glasgow.
This is a 6 month contract with a leading UK defence business.
Overview of the HR Advisor contract role
The person made responsible for providing a range of HR support to a business, HRBPs and line managers requiring a depth of understanding of how to operationalise, integrate and deliver HR processes, projects and change in a business.
Applies HR experience and knowledge of policy and procedure, and knowledge of a range of business situations to the deployment of HR change and process. Applies knowledge to a range of problems, situations and issues, provides advice and guidance to line managers relating to policy and procedure. Has less independence and provides support to a more senior generalist or HRBP.
Key skills and experience required for the HR Advisor
- Degree in HR / Business
- Commercial understanding of the business issues particularly the two way "cause and effect" relationship for the strategic, financial, economic, business development and operational functions of the business
- Understanding of the business strategy and able to disseminate this information clearly
- Requires understanding of a number of HR subject areas
- Good knowledge of HR policies and practice
- Good understanding of HR and how the function operates
- Understanding of customer and customer requirements plus an awareness of industry approaches and standards
- Understands the complexities and subtleties of the business area supported, including understanding of scale, complexity, sensitivity, ambiguity, risk or strategic impact
- Experience of understanding business requirements translating into appropriate solutions and delivering within budget/timescales
- Experience of operating successfully in a manufacturing or project based organisation
- Experience of operating within a unionized business
- Experience of operating within a customer environment
The role is based in Glasgow - Commutable from Kilmarnock, Paisley, Greenock, Stirling and Falkirk with excellent access from Edinburgh
If you are a HR Professional looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other HR opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk