Seamanship Engineer/Outfit/Compartment Designer
A Seamanship Engineer/Outfit/Compartment Designer is required to work on a six-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Glasgow.
This is a 6-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Seamanship Engineer/Outfit/Compartment Designer contract role
- Undertake Seamanship system and compartment design and integration activities
- Support Outfit system and compartment design and integration activities
- Produce Layout Drawings for Seamanship compartments for review by stakeholders and to allow Stage 2 to correctly model these spaces.
- Update Windchill PLM with mature parts, systems, occurrences and compartment data to ensure it correctly presents the baseline design.
- Write and update Technical Equipment Specifications and co-ordinate with suppliers to ensure delivery to the agreed specification.
- Co-ordinate with systems engineers and detail designers on the integration of Seamanship systems.
- Support and attend FATs, HATs and SATs during the build, commissioning and trials phases.
- Support acceptance activities for Seamanship facilities and equipment
- Support HAZIDs and Safety Reviews.
- Support Design Reviews and Zonal Reviews.
Key skills required for the Seamanship Engineer/Outfit/Compartment Designer
- The role holder will require knowledge and experience of naval and / or commercial ship outfit and seamanship systems with the experience to support system and spatial integration issues with other disciplines.
- Seamanship includes the design or operation of boat handling systems, anchor and mooring equipment, RAS and stores handling equipment.
- Experience with CAD software like AutoCAD or FORAN is desirable.
If you are a Seamanship Engineer/Outfit/Compartment Designer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk