Overview of the Procurement Manager role
A Procurement Manager with engineering/ electronics/ defence/ aerospace manufacturing experience is required to work a permanent basis for our Engineering client based in the Kent area.
The Procurement Manager will play the leading role in the Purchasing Team overseeing both direct and indirect buyers, devising the strategic direction of the team and leading the team in achieving cost reductions, contract negotiations, supplier management, supplier selection and improving supplier performances.
Key responsibilities of Procurement Manager role:
- Proven track record of incurring significant cost savings in the supply chain, supporting cost reduction activities, undertaking risk management and change management within the delivery team to maximise commercial benefit.
- Ensure effective supplier delivery performances are met to meet the needs of current and future production and development programmes
- Being the main interface dealing with key supplier issues
- Responsible for managing the sub-contracts placed with the suppliers in terms of negotiating initial Contracts, implementing commercial deals with the suppliers and ensuring Sub-contractors deliver to programmes in line with project requirements on budget and with technical requirements
- Develop effective relationships both with new and existing clients, influencing successful achievement and execution of the current and future contracts
- Running supplier meetings including regular progress reviews to ensure contract performance and understand status of sub contracts.
- Effective supplier management and improve supplier performances
- Prepare monthly Procurement status reports on material, resource and supplier performance for the major contract and Procurement function
Key skills required for the Procurement Manager role:
- Hold or working towards CIPS Membership would be advantageous
- Degree Level or Equivalent/ relevant work experience needed
- Engineering/ Aerospace/ Electronics/ Defence manufacturing experience is imperative
- Ability to perform to demanding deadlines.
- Minimum 6+ years' procurement experience within Engineering manufacturing environments
The role is based in Kent - commutable from Maidstone, Broadstairs, Faversham, Ramsgate, Canterbury, Ashford and Folkestone.
If you are a Procurement professional looking for a new role either apply online or if would like to find out about other Procurement opportunities, please contact Phil Browne at email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9199.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk