Category Manager job role
My client based in the Leicestershire area within automotive manufacturing are looking for a Category Manager on a permanent basis.
Key responsibilities include managing and driving down costs, developing strategic sourcing strategies for the assigned category, contract negotiation, manage and lead the team of buyers, supplier management/ development and helping to improve, consolidate and optimise department processes.
Skills required for the Category Manager role:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the main interface with suppliers for assigned commodity group
- Lead team of Category Buyers within assigned commodity to achieve business aims
- Lead sourcing strategies and development activities of components for new model programmes to help achieve key stage gates before handing over ownership to the Supply Chain Team for ongoing production.
- Develop a strategy and strategic direction of the assigned commodity ensuring best value and quickest and most suitable sources for new model development programmes.
- Ability to use product and customer data to build strategic direction from customer needs through to project delivery.
- Supplier selection and mitigating risks
- Analyse supplier resources to ensure continued development support.
- Strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, improving supplier performances, contract, performance and risk management.
- Capability to multi- task and leverage resource effectively with the ability to influence people across the organisation to ensure successful delivery of growth plans
- Help develop and maintain expert knowledge of commodity's global supply market and ensure a suitable knowledge base is maintained for the company.
- Identify cost saving opportunities
Key skills required for the Category Manager:
- Minimum 5 years' procurement experience within automotive (or relatable) manufacturing environments
- Must have a proven track record of achieving results with the ability to perform to demanding deadlines.
- Degree Level or Equivalent/ relevant work experience would be highly advantageous
- Hold or working towards CIPS Membership would be advantageous
- Proven track record and experience of incurring substantial cost savings
The role is based in the Leicester area - commutable from Birmingham, Leamington Spa, Hinckley, Derby, Loughborough, Corby, Nuneaton, Coventry and Wellingborough.
If you are a Category Manager looking for a new role either apply online or if would like to find out about other Purchasing, Supply Chain and Procurement opportunities please contact Phil Browne at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9199.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
Strategic Buyer Strategic Buyer Strategic Buyer Strategic Buyer Strategic Buyer Strategic Buyer Strategic Buyer Strategic Buyer Strategic Buyer Strategic Buyer Strategic Buyer Senior buyer Senior buyer Senior buyer Senior buyer Senior buyer Senior buyer Senior buyer
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk