Role: Logistics and Purchasing Administrator
Location: North London
Excellent new role with a global specialist defence company who specialise in and are a world leader in the development, manufacture and supply of maritime navigation and surveillance radar systems.
Responsible for the creation of appropriate documentation for the import and export of UK and customer goods globally compliant with Export Controls and Customs regimes for efficient on-time deliveries and re-importations where required. To ensure documentation is completed in accordance with company, customer and legislative requirements.
Raising of low value purchase orders for a nominated range of products and ensuring their timely delivery.
- Effective use of the company's ERP system to process shipments in accordance with the master production scheduler and sales departments to ensure customer orders are delivered on time.
- To produce shipping documentation and ensure all check procedures are completed prior to release.
- Ensure all imports and exports strictly adhere to company procedures and review and update when required.
- Clear imports of purchased parts in a timely manner and other items in accordance with Customs relief procedures
- Provide shipping quotes to internal staff
- Raise purchase orders as generated by the company's ERP system for a nominated range of suppliers/commodities.
- Ensure timely delivery of purchase orders
- Any other tasks associated with this role
- The job holder will be expected to comply with any reasonable operational instruction or procedures relating to Company policies, reporting and controls. In particular Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 provides a duty on every employee, while at work, to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- It also places a duty on employees to cooperate with their employer so far as is necessary to enable their duties to be complied with including the appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Failure to comply with this duty may result in the Company invoking the disciplinary procedure.
Ideally, NVQ/Certificate or Professional Training in Import/Export or Customs Procedures
- To work well within a team and have the ability to work autonomously
- Efficient administrator with very high levels of accuracy
- Use of ERP systems
- Use of Import/Export software or Customs Reporting systems
- Must be conversant with the use of a personal computer and Microsoft Office applications
- Must be prepared to work out of hours if required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE:
* Previous shipping and/or freight forwarding experience.
- Working knowledge of the documentation requirements associated with the shipping of goods including Export controls (Incoterms, ITAR and EAR)
- Working knowledge of the documentation requirements associated with the compliance to letters of credit
- Working knowledge of import management and associated duty regimes
- Knowledge of packing standards relevant to goods to be dispatched and method of transport and INCOTERMS
For full details please contact Paul Ellis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk