Cyber Security Engineer
A Cyber Security Engineer is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Mons Belgium.
This is a 6 month contact with a leading UK defence business.
Overview of the Cyber Security Engineer contract role
Candidates will have strong all round technical abilities with a good working knowledge of Cyber Security technologies. Specialisation in working with SIEM, NIPS or FPC products and the knowledge to apply cyber security techniques to support and maintain these products within the deployment of a complex cyber implementation will be required.
Candidates with experience of other security technologies such as Malware Analysis, Digital Forensics and Vulnerability Assessment are also of interest.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Work in conjunction with other cyber security specialists and engineers to support, maintain, troubleshoot and tune the suite of NCIRC security devices
- Deep configuration and administration of one or more security technologies such as log collection, event correlation, network discovery, network traffic pattern/flow analysis, mail content checking, intrusion detection and on-line computer forensics
- Support investigations into security related incidents
- Maintain keen understanding of evolving Internet threats and the security techniques and procedures required to protect the NATO networks
- Willing and able to share information and mentor others in area of specialism
Skills and experience in several of the following areas is required:
- IT security best practice, common attack types and detection / prevention methods.
- Demonstrable experience of analysing and interpreting system, security and application logs in order to diagnose faults and spot abnormal behaviours
- Enterprise Networking & Services (TCP/IP Networks, devices, services (e.g. DHCP/DNS)
- Good understanding and interest in network protocols alongside the ability to troubleshoot network / system problems at a low level (packet level)
- Experience of cyber security tools such as Arcsight, Nessus Tenable, SourceFire, Cisco, Palo Alto, RSA Netwitness, NetScout, EDR / EPP forensics, McAfee
- Competent in the operation and administration of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience of automation tooling / scripting such as Puppet / Python / Perl
- Experience of working with virtualisation technologies
- Previous experience of working within secure / isolated / air gapped environments
- Exposure to IT service management best practices such as ITIL
The role is based in Mons Belgiun
If you are a Cyber Security Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Cyber opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk