A Procurement Manager with contractual, supply chain management and client facing experience in the Defence sector is required to work a permanent based in Preston.
Overview of the Procurement Manager role
The main focus of the role is to develop strategic consolidation of the supply chain, meet ongoing cost reduction challenges and secure crucial orders and contracts with new and existing customers.
You will be the Procurement lead in an ongoing, major defence contract and be responsible for maintaining supplier delivery performances into existing customer programmes, and have a strong capability of effectively maintaining current supplier relationships and the potential to forge new external supplier relationships.
Key responsibilities of Procurement Manager role:
- Proven track record of incurring significant cost savings in the supply chain, supporting cost reduction activities, undertaking risk management and change management within the delivery team to maximise commercial benefit.
- Ensure effective supplier delivery performances are met to meet the needs of current and future production and development programmes
- Being the main interface dealing with key supplier issues
- Responsible for managing the sub-contracts placed with the suppliers in terms of negotiating initial Contracts, implementing commercial deals with the suppliers and ensuring Sub-contractors deliver to programmes in line with project requirements on budget and with technical requirements
- Develop effective relationships both with new and existing clients, influencing successful achievement and execution of the current and future contracts
- Running supplier meetings including regular progress reviews to ensure contract performance and understand status of sub contracts.
- Effective supplier management and improve supplier performances
- Prepare monthly Procurement status reports on material, resource and supplier performance for the major contract and Procurement function
Although predominantly office based, the role may require travel to different sites within the company.
The role is based near Preston, Lancashire - commutable from Blackpool, Lancaster, Morecambe, Chorley, Leyland, Blackburn, Darwen, Burnley, Skipton, Stockport, Manchester, Warrington, Wigan, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale and Oldham with excellent access from Liverpool and Leeds
If you are Procurement Manager looking for a new role either apply online or if would like to find out about other Procurement and Supply Chain opportunities, please contact Phil Browne at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9199.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're proud to be one of the country's largest independent recruitment companies, supplying highly-skilled technology, change and engineering talent to clients within a range of specialist sectors.
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk