Hardware Engineer - COTS
A Hardware Engineer with COTS experience is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Portsmouth.
This is a 12 month contract with a leading UK defence business.
Overview of the Hardware Engineer contract role
Hardware Engineers required to work in the Shared Infrastructure (SI) area undertaking work for the Type 26 SI project. This project is currently undertaking a critical design review and working towards a series of system acceptance events in 2018 and 2019.
Key skills required for the Hardware Engineer
- An excellent team player with strong communication skills, and an ability to work independently with minimal supervision and quickly learn on the job
- Knowledge of the currently deployed Naval systems based on COTS technology
- Knowledge and experience in designing with COTS hardware e.g. Dell
- Good documentation skills
- Knowledge of EMC and environmental (shock, vibration, cooling) control measures applied to equipment containing COTS items to meet military specifications
- Hardware Drawing and design work
- Support to Design Certification Documentation
- Taking responsibility for documentation sets and driving completion of work
The role is based in Portsmouth commutable from Southampton, Cowes, Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Guildford, Aldershot, Crawley, Horsham, Brighton, Worthing, Chichester
If you are a Hardware Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk