Material Provision Co-Ordinator - Defence
A Material Provision Co-Ordinator is required to work on an initial four month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Portsmouth.
This is an initial 4 month contract with a leading UK defence business.
Overview of the Material Provision Co-Ordinator contract role
Overall management and accountability to ensure that all materials and tooling at the pre-production phase are identified, kitted and available to allow work to be passed to production. This role will co-ordinate and work collaboratively with the stores and supply chain team to ensure the daily drum beat of work is released to production.
Key skills required for the Material Provision Co-Ordinator
- Good communication skills to ensure information can be flowed within the IDT and industrial levels.
- High levels of customer focus to ensure that delivery meets and exceeds the set expectations set by both the Ship staff and COM's.
- Good understanding of Health and Safety requirements/legislation.
- Good financial awareness skills to ensure value for money for material and tooling provision, with the aim of reducing material costs to projects.
- Excellent problem solving skills that enables information to be collated processed so solutions are put in place to assist the daily drum beat of production teams.
- Good people and behavioural skills to motivate a team to deliver effectively against tight schedules.
- Must be methodical when reviewing information within IFS so that faults and issues can be identified and corrected prior to work being released.
- Has the ability to interpret Engineering specifications, drawings and guidance to ensure material and tooling provision is readily accessible to Team Leaders and industrial staff prior to it being released.
- Computer literate and good understanding of IFS, Word and Excel.
The role is based in Portsmouth, Hampshire - commutable from Southampton, Cowes, Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Guildford, Aldershot, Crawley, Horsham, Brighton, Worthing, Chichester
If you are a Co-Ordinator looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Co-Ordinator opportunities please contact Kris Foston on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk