Quality Engineering Manager (Ship Building)
A Quality Engineering Manager with Ship Building is required to work on a six-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Portsmouth.
This is a 6-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Quality Engineering Manager contract role
Ensuring that the line of business Quality Management System (QMS) remains compliant to all internal and external business requirements by:-
- Overseeing the governance and assurance of Quality performance across the "line of Business insuring compliance of internal and customer Quality requirements
- Can foster effective Quality outcomes through active collaboration and engagement with Quality stakeholders in Functional areas of the "Line of Business".
- Can formulate SMART Team Objectives from the understanding and interpretation of Business and Functional Quality Objectives.
- Budget Management - Control and reporting
- Analytical and problem solving skills to identify solutions previously identified
- Strong Numeracy and analysis skills
- Risk Management - Can demonstrate the steps of Risk Management and identify the risk management tools to fit the scenario. To be demonstrated in common and straight forward processes
- Customer Focus - In the pursuit of Customer satisfaction - Understanding customer requirements, solves problems and deals with customer complaints, strives for continuous improvement through the monitoring of Key performance indicators.
- Can manage and resolve conflict in the workplace - The conflict may occur between colleagues, supervisors and sub-ordinates, the Quality organisation and its customers, suppliers etc.
- Team building - Understanding theoretical roles and how they shape strong balanced teams.
- Change Management - through excellent organisation, leadership, networking, communication, empathy and adaptability.
Key skills required for the Quality Engineering Manager
- MSc, BSc in a Quality, Engineering or Business related subject (or Equivalent and relevant Experience)
- Demonstrated ability for organisational improvement and a passion for achieving excellent customer satisfaction and high achievement.
- Demonstrated ability for Quality improvement and a passion for achieving excellent customer satisfaction and high achievement.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work, collaborate and manage stakeholders at senior levels.
If you are a Quality Engineering Manager looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk