Senior Electrical Engineer
A Senior Electrical Engineer is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Portsmouth.
This is a 6 month contract with a leading UK defence business.
Overview of the Senior Electrical Engineer contract role
This role carries out the development and delivery of specific electrical engineering work packages associated with the power and propulsion system engineering aspects for the project. This role is to ensure that the electrical tasks undertaken for the power and propulsion systems solution are fully integrated and consistent with the wider platform electrical solution.
This role requires an experienced and knowledgeable power generation and propulsion systems engineer, who have the proven technical breadth & depth in this area to be acknowledged to have successfully delivered on projects, programmes and contracts of this size and complexity.
Key skills required for the Senior Electrical Engineer
- Design and develop solutions for the assigned electrical engineering work packages of the power and propulsion programme, business and customer requirements.
- Apply engineering expertise relating to the electrical aspects of the power and propulsion system engineering assigned activities, for the development of the system solution.
- Support the achievement of delegated project cost and schedule objectives, whilst continually maintaining quality and other performance requirements.
- Support the technical interface on all day-to-day matters concerning the electrical aspects of the power and propulsion system solution with the customer, alliance partners and key supply chain OEMs.
- Can work independently with limited technical direction as part of a small team, delivering quality and timely engineering outputs for their assigned work packages.
- May mentor junior (ie Grads \ IPs) electrical systems engineering staff;.
- Working towards final stages of CEng level or equivalent level of capability
- Can present engineering output at formal technical reviews, verifying and validating electrical engineering designs. Also, undertakes peer reviews or checking / verification of tasks as directed.
- Provide realistic programme status of owned work package, identify problem areas and implement agreed recovery plans
- Provide support for assurance that the overall system design is adequate i.e. it is robust, and provide supporting documentation for the safety case.
The role is based in Portsmouth, Hampshire - commutable from Southampton, Cowes, Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Guildford, Aldershot, Crawley, Horsham, Brighton, Worthing, Chichester>
If you are a Senior Electrical Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk