A Ship Warden with Naval experience is required to work on a three-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Portsmouth.
This is a 3-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Ship Warden contract role
The Ship Warden Group (SWG) provides a comprehensive service to Ship Projects for the safety and security of vessels in BAE Systems has Care and Custody. As a Ship Warden the successful candidates job will include:
- Rostered 12-hour shift working, carrying out safety and security rounds within the ship. Act as point of contact in the event of an on-board incident/accident
- Lock off and tag out of Marine and Weapon engineering systems and equipment.
- Maintain Tag out database and produce reports as required by the Ship Warden Supervisor.
- Authorisation and control of Permits to work associated with Hot Work, working at Height, diving and SHIPHAZ.
- Low Voltage Electrical and Mechanical maintenance and keep alive of ship systems and equipment.
- Operation of Marine Auxiliary systems and equipment as required.
- Assist with Inboard connection/disconnection of dockside services required to support ship.
- Connect/disconnect shore power, including Main switchboard operation.
Key skills required for the Ship Warden role
Will have at least 3 years RN Marine Engineering or relevant plant engineering discipline. Recent T45 Destroyer experience is highly desirable
- RN Marine Engineering Operator Grade C certificate or equivalent.
- Competent Person High Voltage - highly desirable.
- IOSH Managing Safely - desirable
If you are a Ship Warden looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're proud to be one of the country's largest independent recruitment companies, supplying highly-skilled technology, change and engineering talent to clients within a range of specialist sectors.
Companies today are inundated with data, which can make finding the people with the skills they really need even more difficult. At Outsource, our sole purpose is to source, select, organise and present you with specialist candidates, while providing you with the insight you need to understand the talent pools. We call it Curating Specialist Talent, and it's how we ensure you get the staffing results you're looking for.
Our success is built on a uniquely consultative approach and we are committed to working in partnership with our clients, our candidates and each other. We listen. We understand. We offer forward-thinking, efficient strategies and deliver tailor-made permanent, contract and interim recruitment solutions. Above all, we enable the companies and organisations we work with to thrive.
Talk to us today about how we can take care of everything for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk