Solution Architect - Hawk Programme
A Solution Architect is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Preston.
This is a 6 month contract with a leading UK defence business.
Overview of the Solution Architect contract role
Provide IM&T Technical Management support to all UK IM&T availability programmes/bids based in Warton, supporting at various company locations across the UK.
Ensuring that the overall Business and Technical solutions defined and delivered adhere to the relevant governance with appropriately defined requirements, designs and delivery plans. Working across the on base business understanding current needs and issues, capturing requirements to drive the IM&T plans.
- Lead the UK availability technical system authority team
- Establish and maintain the requirements and acceptance criteria for the programme
- Produce and authorise technical documentation to support successful design and delivery of the programme
- Oversee design, development and testing
- Support LCM Design Reviews ensuring deliverables are sufficiently mature to progress the programme with acceptable risk
- Support the IM&T team in the identification of technical risks and the resolution of technical issues and challenges
- Forge and maintain relationships with technical staff and advisors
- Prepare and own the cost and schedule estimates based on the agreed Technical Management Plan
- Work across the multiple teams that act as suppliers to the project.
The role is based in Preston, Lancashire - commutable from Blackpool, Lancaster, Morecambe, Chorley, Leyland, Blackburn, Darwen, Burnley, Skipton, Stockport, Manchester, Warrington, Wigan, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale and Oldham with excellent access from Liverpool and Leeds
If you are a Solution Architect looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other IT opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk