A Solution Architect is required to work on a ten month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Preston
Overview of the Solution Architect contract role
The role is positioned within the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) which is part of the Chief Technology Officer's organisation. The scope of the role covers the Export Control Programmes led by OCIO. The Solution Architect (Export Control Programmes) role reports to the Export Control Programme Director. The role may be based in either Farnborough or Preston and will require occasional travel to other locations.
Key skills required
- Perform the role of Solution Architect for Export Control Programmes
- Produce and manage architecture artefacts
- Provide design assurance for Export Control solutions
- Manage technical issues, risks, constraints, assumption and dependencies
- Support Lifecycle Management and Engineering Lifecycle review processes
- Demonstrate responsible behaviour by personal leadership and the promotion of security, safety culture, diversity & inclusion and ethical business conduct
- Liaising with multiple Sectors and Business Units in the scope of Export Control Programmes
- Documenting and managing high level IM&T requirements
- Analysing gaps, by Business Unit, between the requirements and existing and planned IM&T programmes, using a structured assessment framework
- Creation and maintenance of architecture artefacts for Export Control Programmes
- Design Assurance of Export Control Programmes
- Review and approval of artefacts produced by IM&T service providers
- Assurance of validation and verification processes for IM&T solutions
- Supporting business change activities for the implementation of Export Control Programmes
- Ensuring traceability from top level requirements through to solution and test artefacts
- Facilitating information sharing and best practice transfer between all businesses in scope
- Experience as a Solution Architect for complex IM&T programmes in an international environment with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in the use of industry standard frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) to develop enterprise and solution architectures
- Experience of a broad range of solutions and IS/IT technologies
- Experience of the identification and management of technical risks, constraints, assumptions and dependencies
- Experience of service management, ideally with some formal training such as ITIL
- Experience and knowledge of the company's Life Cycle Management and Engineering Life Cycle processes
- Certification in IS/IT architecture e.g. TOGAF certificate or ISEB certificate in Enterprise & Solution Architecture at practitioner level
- Associate or full membership of appropriate professional institute (e.g. MBCS CITP)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk