Design Engineer - CATIA V5
A Design Engineer with CATIA V5 experience is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Prestwick Scotland.
This is a 12 month contract with a leading UK defence business.
Overview of the Design Engineer contract role
The specific role is to design structures and installations for the E-Fan X development aircraft, which will install a Hybrid Electric propulsion system and associated flight test equipment onto a RJ100 aircraft. This is an exciting project which challenges the boundaries of hybrid electric propulsion in a large passenger carrying aircraft.
Your main responsibilities as a Design Engineer will involve, but not be limited to:
- Conducting a wide range of activities including feasibility studies, research, design, involving the full Engineering Lifecycle, to meet defined project requirements
- Interpreting existing Design Data
- Updating existing Design Data and developing new solutions using CATIA v5
- Creating new Design Data using CATIA v5
- Understanding aerospace regulations and certification requirements
- Identifying areas of Technical Risk and Opportunity
- Supporting aircraft surveys
- Exhibiting good decision making skills
- Being able to operate effectively with other Engineering disciplines
- Being capable of presenting effectively during design reviews
- Delivering a planned output to Schedule, Quality and Cost
- Ensuring that work is undertaken in accordance with company, safety, environmental, contractual and business processes, standards, procedures and documentation
- Reporting progress through weekly Operation and Achievement reviews
Your skills and qualifications as a Design Engineer:
- Structures and Mechanical Installation design/ development experience
- CATIA v5 toolset experience
The role is based in Prestwick,. Commutable from Kilmarnock, Glasgow, Paisley, Greenock, Stirling and Falkirk
If you are a Design Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk