A Hardware Engineer is required to work on a four-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Southamton.
This is a 4-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Hardware Engineer contract role
you will work across a range of projects throughout various stages of the product lifecycle from initial concept development through to early life production support and on to support of existing fielded designs. The product development responsibilities include requirement capture, schematic capture and PCB Layout (Dx Designer and Expedition - Mentor Graphics), circuit simulation (eg LTSpice, Hyperlynx), driving the design review process and collaborating with other engineering functions and manufacturing.
Key skills required for the Hardware Engineer
- First or second degree (BSc, BEng, MEng, MSc, PhD, EngD) in Electronic Engineering (preferable) or related science (eg Physics) with preferably some specialisation in electronic techniques.
- Experience in cabling design, build and installation for land vehicles
- Strong digital circuity design including designs of boards using complex FPGAs
- Extensive experience of PCB development tools and process (preferably Mentor Graphics).
- Experience of DFx (designing for cost, test and manufacturability)
- Experience in System level and sub-system integration and Debug.
- Design of engineering solutions taking into account all requirements such as product quality, safety, reliability and testability.
If you are a Hardware Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk