Test Practice Lead / Test Coach - Agile
A Test Practice Lead / Test Coach will be the informed opinion leader and the go-to person for Quality Engineering and Testing. They will be a trusted source capable of inspiring others with modern thinking and be able to turn those innovative ideas into reality. The Test Coach will work closely with Product Owners, Stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts, Software Engineers, 3rd Party Suppliers, End Users and other leaders from across the client.
Key skills required for the DevOps Engineer - Financial Services
- A thought leader capable of inspiring others with modern Agile and Quality Engineering thinking with a track record of turning those innovative ideas into reality.
- Experience establishing and running a modern Testing Community of Practice (CoP) with Line Management responsibilities for ~30 testing specialists.
- Experience establishing and maintaining a set of Test Principles and verifying that all testing completed aligns to these principles.
- Able to maintain a prioritised Testing Technical Debt register working closely with the Senior Leadership Team to ensure they are aware of any potential risk(s), the proposed mitigating actions along with any financial cost.
- Experience supporting the E2E procurement process ensuring that any 3rd party package being assessed is fit for purpose and aligns to the clients Test Principles.
- Detailed knowledge of traditional and modern Agile testing methodologies (e.g. V-Model, Agile Testing Quadrant, Total Quality Engineering).
- Experience supporting and guiding programmes, projects and / or teams during initiation helping them shape their software engineering approach.
- Experience collaborating with programmes, projects and / or teams to produce a Test Approach whilst also ensuring that the cleints Test Principles are met.
- Able to create an inspiring vision of the future and work with colleagues to develop and introduce modern Agile and Quality Engineering practices, processes, technique and tooling (e.g. automation, performance, CI/CD).
- A change agent with experience building, coaching and empowering continuous improvement teams to introduce new Agile ways of working (e.g. Continuous Integration, SCRUM, KanBan, Behavior Driven Development, Test Driven Development, Session Based Testing User Story Mapping, 3 Amigos etc.).
- Experience taking the lead in all Agile meetings (e.g. Refinement, Sprint Planning, Show & Tell, Retrospectives etc.).
- Experience empowering and supporting others to deliver quality test automation solutions that support the entire technology stack (e.g. GUI, Middleware, Database etc.) using a selection of tools (e.g. Cypress, Selenium, Soap UI, Oats, Jenkins, Bamboo, Cucumber, SpecFlow etc.).
- A detailed understanding of how modern automation techniques and frameworks can be applied to deliver efficiencies throughout the E2E testing process (e.g. Automation Pyramid, Key Word Driven, Continuous Integration, Cross-Browser, Cross-Platform, Page Object Model etc.).
- Experience empowering and supporting others to implement quality performance testing solutions across different technologies (e.g. Browser, Middleware, Client Server, Mobile Device, Network, BI etc.) using a selection of tools (e.g. LoadRunner, JMeter, Stormrunner, Blazemeter etc.).
- Detailed knowledge of different performance testing types, scenarios and profiles (e.g. Client-Side Load, Server-Side Load, Normal Load, Peak Load, Stress Load, DB Volumes etc.).
- Detailed knowledge of modern test management and ALM tooling (e.g. Jira, Zephyr, Azure DevOps, MTM etc.).
- Detailed knowledge of all aspects of Functional, Non-Functional Testing and E2E Testing (e.g. Unit, Component Integration, System, System Integration, Business Integration, User Acceptance, Implementation, Security, Penetration, Resilience, DR, Performance, Regression etc.)
- Experience leading and directing all functional, non-functional and E2E testing activities across a portfolio and / programme of change with colleagues both within and outside of IT (e.g. Test Planning, Test Preparation, Manual and Automated Test Analysis & Design, Test Execution, Test Reporting, Check for Test Completion, Implementation etc.)
- Experienced working with technical specialists and 3rd party suppliers to define, deliver and manage multiple non-production environments along with the associated test data sets.
If you are an Practice Test Lead/Test Coach looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other IT/Financial Services opportunities please contact Denny Jenkins email@example.com or 01793 430021
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success. We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The role is based in Swindon
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk