We caught up with Jack Marsden, our amazing Recruitment Coordinator from our Manchester office on all things Pride, his new Ambassador role and the collaboration he's been doing with our clients!
What a month June was! I've always enjoyed celebrating Pride Month but this month seemed extra special this year...
Just a bit of background, I previously worked for Outsource UK for 5 and a half years and returned in January this year. Since returning, I've completely got on board with our company's new Purpose 'to eliminate bias, privilege, and inequality in talent engagement' and have really shown interest in our growing number of the new Ambassadors Team who support different groups and topics around Inclusion and Diversity. What better way to mark Pride Month by putting myself forward as the new Outsource UK Ambassador for LGBTQ+!
This is something that means so much to me so I feel that it is important to not only educate myself but others about topics surrounding LGBTQ+ and share something on a personal level.
Working with Aggregate Industries...
One of our clients that I'm currently working in partnership with is Aggregate Industries and alongside working on fantastic programmes, it's been great to work with a company that shares so many of my own and Outsource UK's values.
Similar to Outsource UK's Ambassador Team, Aggregate Industries have a number of Affinity Networks that encourage mutual responsibility across the core of their business and work collaboratively to drive positive change on their journey of Equality & Inclusion. We share this mission in aiming to attract and retain talent from every area of society and believe that together, we have a huge part to play in creating a culture where every employee is respected, can be themselves, and feel valued for their unique talents.
I strongly believe everyone can and should bring their whole self to work, without the fear of being judged. Both our Ambassador Team here at Outsource UK and Aggregate Industries' Affinity Groups help to do just that in supporting and encouraging everyone to have a voice and help us shape our plans as we work together to build progress.
Here are some of the things that Outsource UK is going to do next...
- All Outsource UK offices will be hosting a celebratory Pride themed brunch to raise awareness, which will be equally as educating as it will be fun. This is also a great opportunity to raise money for various charities to celebrate whilst contributing towards the LGBTQ+ community.
- I personally will be regularly sending internal communications endorsing LGBTQ+ updates and events that are currently taking place, inviting all to get involved.
- We are collaborating with our clients to join forces in our shared values and beliefs on Equality, Inclusion and Diversity.
And here are a few of the amazing things that Aggregate Industries are getting up to...
- Their Hi-Viz LGBTQ+ Affinity Network - the group encourages people from all walks of life to learn, act, and help make a difference with a wide network of allies and supporters. The group can be anything from a safe space for someone to meet like-minded people, a chance for a family member to discover more about supporting those around them, or a way for colleagues to learn more and show they're an ally.
- The Aggregate Industries Pride Pin: colleagues who like something more physical to show their support can order Pride Pins!
- They're also not only attending but are proud Headline Sponsors of this year's Leicester Pride event on Saturday 3rd September. The event is attended by more than 10,000 people each year with more than 2,000 taking part in the parade through the city.
If you'd like to keep the conversation going, please don't hesitate in contacting Jack Marsden: